Stage 1 From Birth
SMA® PRO First Infant Milk, is an alternative to breast milk, when baby is not breastfed. Breastfeeding provides the best start for your baby, but if you decide to combination feed or bottle-feed then SMA® PRO First Infant Milk is a nutritionally complete breast milk substitute, enriched with Omega 3 (DHA)*. *Contains DHA (as required by the legislation for all infant formula)
Science Inspired By Nature
Our expert team at SMA® Nutrition is dedicated to understanding the complex structure of breast milk and to applying the learnings from nature to our own products. We have been leading research in baby nutrition for over 100 years, and have produced SMA® PRO First Infant Milk, a nutritionally complete breast milk substitute, expertly created with nature in mind to support babies’ unique nutritional needs
How to use
Preparation and Usage
Important Feeding Information:
Do not add extra powder or water to make feeds stronger or weaker and do not press powder into scoop. Using too much or too little powder can make your baby ill.
We recommend preparing each feed in individual bottles when required.
For hygienic reasons, discard unfinished feed in the bottle as soon as possible.
For older babies, made-up formulae can be added to food.
Do not alter or add to formulae unless medically directed.
Do not warm feeds in a microwave, hot spots may occur and cause scalding.
Remember, cows’ milk should not be used as a drink during the first year.
How to Open and Prepare Your Baby’s Feed
Whilst this product is made under strict hygienic conditions, it is not sterile. Failure to follow instructions on preparation and storage may make your baby ill.
1. Pull the safety seal and open the lid. Lift the tab, pull on the foil seal, carefully and safely remove the seal and dispose of it.
2. Wash hands well. Wash and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturers’ instructions.
3. Boil 1 litre of fresh tap water. Allow boiled water to cool for no more than 30 minutes. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
4. Strictly follow the feeding table. First, pour water into a sterilised bottle, carefully – it is hot. Then add the powder using only the scoop provided, carefully levelling off each scoop with the back of a clean dry knife. Store the scoop across the inner rim of the can and replace the lid.
5. Place the sterilised teat and cap on the bottle and shake well until powder is fully dissolved. Cool bottle under cold running water or in a bowl or jug of cold water until lukewarm, do not immerse the teat. Test temperature by shaking a few drops onto the inside of your wrist.
Store in a cool, dry place.
For best before, see base of can.
Use within 4 weeks of opening.
From birth to 12 months
Breast milk is best for babies and breastfeeding should continue for as long as possible. Infant milks are suitable from birth when babies are not breastfed and should only be used on the advice of a doctor, midwife health visitor, public health nurse, dietitian or pharmacist, or other professionals responsible for maternal and child care. When bottle-feeding, do not allow prolonged or frequent contact of milk feeds with teeth as this increases the risk of tooth decay. Ask your healthcare professional or dentist for advice. Always hold your baby while feeding. Do not leave baby unattended as they might choke.
Whey Protein (Milk)
Vegetable Oils (Sunflower, Rapeseed)
Long Chain Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids (DHA (Fish Oil), AA (Mortierella Alpina Oil))
Emulsifier (Soya Lecithin)
Acidity Regulator (Citric Acid)
Nucleotides (Cytidine-, Disodium Uridine-, Adenosine-, Disodium Guanosine-5′- Monophosphate)
Antioxidants (Tocopherol-Rich Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate)
Name and address
1 City Place,